New, Minimally Invasive, FDA-cleared procedure for the treatment of uterine fibroids.
- Safe and Effective treatment of fibroids without hysterectomy (allows preservation of the uterus)
- Eliminates or improves symptoms caused by uterine fibroids
- Outpatient procedure (return home the same day)
- Cosmetic (two skin incisions 5 mm and 10 mm)
- Rapid Recovery (most patients can return to work in 3-5 days)
- Detects and treats more fibroids than myomectomy
- Detects and treats even very small fibroids, decreasing need for future procedures
- Treats just the fibroids, leaving normal tissue unaffected (other than for a needle track)
- Minimal postoperative pain: narcotics are not required/utilized.
- Cleared in U.S., Canada, Europe, Mexico
- Very common non-cancerous muscle cell tumors that grow in the wall of the uterus (70% of Caucasian women and over 80% of African women have uterine fibroids by 50 years of age.
- May cause heavy menstrual bleeding, painful menstruation, urinary frequency, abdominal distension, painful sexual intercourse, pelvic/abdominal pain, gastrointestinal symptoms.
- Are most commonly treated with hysterectomy (removal of the uterus).
- Are also the most common reason hysterectomy is performed.
For additional information about the Acessa procedure or Dr. Bruce Lee, please visit website, https://bruceleemd.com/.